Monday, April 21, 2008

One Day's Worth, or, People Think I'm Joking


This is one days' worth of wash. It is a mountain, not unlike the mashed potatoes mountain in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Strangely, laundry is not a job I loathe. Taking out the trash? Oh, yes. Loathsome. But laundry, even in this unmanageable state, is still somewhat tolerable. It's sort of like the cycle of sin and redemption...it's gets dirty, and then, poof, it's clean again. In this odd way, then, laundry is even hopeful.

2 comments:

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

I too strangely enjoy parts of laundry. I like how when it comes out of the dryer it's a huge pile and piece by peace I touch, fold, stack, and put away. Creating order from a mountain of disorder. If I'm in the right mindset, it is even relaxing.

Ammieloris said...

Sarah! I found your blog! Yay! Anyway, your comment about laundry feeling hopeful is both funny and poetic. I suppose I do like watching dirt vanish before my eyes, but usually the anxiety I feel while I'm procrastinating doing work seems to outweigh any hope! LOL. I'll try to follow your lead.