Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tired, or, The Latter Days of Summer

I haven't had much to write about in the last few weeks because I am afraid I have gotten rather boring. Same day, in and out. The children are interesting. Emma is pretty much potty trained. She also has croup, which stinks, but at least she scores popsicles on demand. I joined a gym and went to yoga tonight. Whew! Is it hard work. I know I'll feel it tomorrow. School starts for all the girls on 9/1, and for the first time in four years I'll have three uninterrupted hours to myself four days a week. I am alternating between being alarmed and a little skittish and basking in the glory of solitude. I think this might be my last year of stay-at-home.....the call of the classroom is growing, even if I only get a job at a local college teaching 101 part-time. I feel I've been too long out of the game. Who knows.....

More pictures to come......just..........tired.