Friday, November 23, 2007

My Pantry, or, What Did I Do Before I Had a Labelmaker?




I have a Brother labelmaker that I literally could not live without. I received it as a Christmas gift several years ago from Darling Husband and it changed my life. I label everything. I label my desk accessories (who wants to waste time looking for a staple pull?) I label tubs with supplies (my emergency kit in the van, my downstairs stationery basket, OC's Goldfish Dish next to her Princess Seat). And now, at long last, I have labeled the pantry. I have been struggling with lack of counter space despite a XXthousand dollar remodel two years ago. Essentially, the kitchen is still the size it was, minus incredibly ugly cabinetry and a fridge that is now in the room instead of in the hall. I needed a better plan. Part A was picking up some wall organizers from Pottery Barn, see http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p3170/index.cfm?pkey=gTHMHOG. Part B was actually rethinking the pantry set-up. I shuffled around a shelf, restacked items, and labeled away a good hour and a half on a Friday night even though I've got Brokeback Mountain waiting for me on DVD and three kids that will be up at 6:30. Sometimes, there's nothing more therapeutic than cleaning.

No comments: