Saturday, August 9, 2008

It was a big week, or, unscheduled time is fun!


1. We tried, for the first time, Cumberland Pool's kiddie pool and it was a hit. I had heard it was pretty crowded, and I was unsure about how Ellie would go for it, but they all loved it. We went with the Knight girls, which made it great, because Cheryl is as good if not better than herding children as I am, and anything Kelsey would do, the twins wanted to try. I'm thinking this will happen again this week.



















2. We joined the Cleveland Botanical Gardens (http://www.cbgarden.org/) and took the girls to splish splash in the children's garden. A huge hit. I am looking foward to the winter activities, and any Christmas displays they have.












3. SSS and I took the kids to the zoo. It was a nice day, not too hot. There was a near-catastrophe of an overwhelmed-diaper sort, but we survived and the children had fun. Helen and Ellie rocked out at the giraffe exhibit and Emma clung to her binky, of course. There were lots of people there who did their usual stare thing, especially because we had the triple with us. That thing gets me more attention than I ever imagined.

















3. It was my birthday week. We went to Lopez. Do I look 37? What does that even mean anymore? It's funny to think that 20 years ago I started my senior year of high school. Well, thank God that's over with. We also went to the orchestra with Grobles, which was great as always, as was my baked brie, which I think Pat would kill for.










No comments: