Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Party, or, This House is Too Nice for Us, Redux

Hello. This beauty was in a bathroom.


Blue is for boys.

This was quite rustic and Millard Fillmore-ish. Lots of game, feathers, golds and red. Quite mannish.

This all gold baby was in the dining room.



The pink family room tree, complete with feathers, dolls, birds, and flowers.


Ode to the big guy. Oh, he's coming to this house all right.



The "Grinch" tree in BoBo's office.




The Great Room tree. I cannot even tell you how amazing it was in person.



Just happy to be here.





On Saturday we were invited to what is apparently known as "Fiesta de BoBo," which is a funny way of saying we were invited to Mike Nalepka's Aunt Bonnie's Christmas Party. It was in Kirtland, which other than the Mormon stuff holds very little interest for me culturally. I especially wanted to go because the Lowes were going to be there, and we get to see them too infrequently. I was sick as a dog but I made myself pretty, left the kid with my mother, and hit the road.




Well.


Nobody told me that the house was a palace. Nobody told me that there was a Christmas tree in the front room with 12,900 lights on it. Nobody mentioned the tree in EVERY room, and the villages, and the doo dads, and the amazing food, and the very nice champagne, which I couldn't drink because I was on meds, but boy it looked pretty. I walked around like I was a tourist. I didn't care. It was probably the most beautiful private home I have ever been in, and of course I took pictures. These are just some of the ones I snapped. Embarrassed? Heck no. I took a hostess gift and sent a thank you card. My manners are always in place.

No comments: