Sunday, October 14, 2007

So here I go.

I've been talking about doing this for a while and when my friend Jim said he had a blog (albeit about his yard, of which he is obsessed) I knew it was time. If he can spend six months writing about hosta, I can write about this mess.

By the way, I'm not disparaging Jim's yard blog. It's actually quite motivating. http://theresnohorsetoodeadtobeat.blogspot.com/ He and his wife Pat taught me how to split hosta only yesterday, and today I split seven plants and moved three more. So it was a worthwhile lesson, and one which I will put to good use often.

The question is what I want to write about. In typical fashion, I'll say my kids, my never-ending quest for the Ph.D. (not one of my three degrees, but one that I want more than any of the others), my book club, playground politics, and the curious cultural significance of street signs.

Jim said to keep the blog about one thing. My feeling is, there are so many kinds of hosta to choose from....why have just one variety in your yard?

1 comment:

Jim Groble said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Can you believe I just said that! I hardly know how this stuff works.

Jim

PS. obsessed might be a little strong of a word for my "hobby".