Monday, February 25, 2008

My Girl Marion, or, Who Saw That One Coming?


Everyone said Julie Christie was going to win Best Actress. I figured, sure. She's won before, she's in the twilight of her career, she is wholly authentic, and Oscar loves diversity in leading ladies (thank you, Jessica Tandy). I have learned never to bet on Supporting Actress--you just never know whose name is going to be called. But last night, when Marion Cotillard won for La Vie en Rose, I almost jumped out of the couch. I love me some Edith Piaf, but Marion took her to place even I didn't think the great Le Mome could have gone. She was sublime. Félicitation, ma fille chérie. Vous êtes vraiment le petit moineau.

1 comment:

Jim Groble said...

Ya Ya hurray for the frenchies!

Do you still have 14 min and 45 sec of fame left? We saw you on TV.