Sunday, March 16, 2008

More updates, or, one crazy week

Helen has been walking around with my Le Creuset spatula, which was a gift from Bill's Uncle Rob. She talks into it like a microphone, but all she says is, Malcolm, Malcolm. Did Malcolm make her something with this when I was away? Is she thinking about Malcolm X's last speech in Harlem? I'm not sure what is going on here. That's Hey-yen for you.



Here's that floor I mentioned. Hardwood, installed, thank you very much. Why should we fool around with Pergo or some such thing and try to do it ourselves? The guys were here from 9 to 3 on Thursday and it was done. I even took the kids to music class and left them work. I figured, I know who they are and who they work for. Plus, if they want to rip me off, my kids and my wallet are with me. Anything else is a pain to replace, but not irreplaceable.

The family room is coming along, and Bill plans on having it finished by April 7. Why that date? My mother gets back from CA, and he doesn't want to hear her talk about my house being a mess. That's motivation for you.





2 comments:

Jim Groble said...

Maybe, just maybe it's Malcom in the Middle.
Nice floor and heater.

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

Malcolm hearts Helen.

Wow, the floors look great. I like the approach of NOT trying to do them yourself. = pretty, fast, no plastic in the interim.