Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Productive Day, or, When The Hell Can I Get These Kids Outside?

Snow, snow, snow. In the mornings now, when I go get the girls, I raise up the blind on the big window that faces our backyard and in unison the three of them yell, "SNOW!" Sad. They don't even know how long this winter has seemed. The big one played outside today while Lovey Love shoveled, but it was still too cold for the wee ones to venture out. Oh, I long for the days when we can all just tumble out in shorts snd cute tops and our ubiquitous LL Bean sandals http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=cool-wave-sandals&categoryId=53892&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=503691&cat4=503463&shop_method=pp&feat=503691-tn and just go to town in the backyard. My tulips are poking their heads out, but who knows? They might think "the heck with this" and sleep the rest of the year.

On the upside, the family room remodel has been remarkably easy. Bill got the room sanded and all the outlets set. The can light holes are cut and the electricity is working. Painting begins tomorrow. Oh yes, on the holiest day of the Christian year? We stink this year as far as Jesus goes. I didn't even make the girls baskets. It just hasn't been on my radar. They won't be in therapy when they're 30. Not over this, anyway.

I cleaned out cookbooks today for garage sale, and ate Chinese food twice (check back with me in an hour, I'll be hungry again). I am making a delightful sunflower cake avec Peeps for dessert at the Smiths' tomorrow night. Got our first wedding invitation of the year--to the Grobles' daughter's bash in June. Things always seem to perk up when those start arriving. I wonder how many more to expect?

No comments: