Friday, February 27, 2009

D Day plus 2

I think what I miss about morning coffee is the ritual of it. Filling the basket, getting the water. It certainly isn't having to use the bathroom 20 times before 10, or know that I way loaded up on calories on stuff that doesn't give me a nice full feeling. I also miss the way the house smells like morning when coffee is on. A whistling tea kettle is nice, but that doesn't signal the beginning of a day to me. I don't think I'm cranky or at all unhappy biochemically. I don't think I need the caffeine of coffee the way others need nicotine, for example. I just miss the representation of it, the idea that about half a billion other people in the world start their mornings the same way, and that I was a part of that little community.

Oddly enough, ice cream has not been a challenge.

On the home decor front, we are rethinking the bathroom color to a warm cocoa, because we have blue edge tile and I think brown and blue is an incredibly sleek, modern combo. I am also thinking of ways to get more space in the girls' room. It may involve-gasp--a bunk bed. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been backsliding on my attempt to switch over from coffee to tea. I agree that a tea kettle just doesn't do the same kind of voodoo that a coffeepot does. And I just picked up a nice Sumatra from Starbucks and I gotta say that I kind of feel like a junkie falling off the wagon. Be strong Sarah.

Pat Groble said...

I would miss the taste of coffee.

Jim Groble said...

more for me