Wednesday, February 25, 2009

D-Day

The first day of no coffee hasn't been terrible. Ellie skipped nap and didn't want snack (amazingly) so by 5:15 she was super squirrely. The twins were okay, except Helen reiterated her new line, "I don't want to listen to you!" at a moment when I didn't find it particularly endearing. I ran out of steam at 8 and laid in my bed for a half an hour, sort of asleep, sort of not. I don't know if that was an effect no caffeine or if my brain just needed a quiet place.

I also stayed true to my no-ice cream rule, which is hard, because Ellie likes a few bites before quiet time.

I have heard that if you do something for 21 days it's a habit. I have 20 years of coffee to unlearn in 40...will I go back to it like an old sheepish lover? Will I be resigned to only being a social drinker? Or will this experiment lead to a total foregoing of one of the longest relationships I have ever had?

No comments: